Saturday, March 7, 2009

Brothers!!!!

Hey Blog world! I'm not very good with putting my thoughts into words so sorry if I confuse you! =) The first time I got a hint about the smallest thought of adopting was in the car with Sydney and Mom on the way back from visiting my Aunt Jaime, Uncle Jon, and cousin Jaxon. We were joking around about how Sydney is never informed about anything going on. So I told her "O Sydney I forgot to tell you we're adopting." And Mom freaked out and was all like "Where did you hear that?!?!"

Then after I heard the whole story about the wrong number call Mom and Dad told us about the day they were listening to the interview with Stephan Curtis Chapman. We started thinking about adopting Michael (the boy who hadn't bonded with his first adopted family) and I thought the idea was pretty cool. Then we got the call about how Michael had already been adopted but they would like us to consider Mauricio and Miguel. The first time I heard the message i was SO excited!

As most of you know I've been on 5 mission trips to Latin America (2 times to Nicaragua, 2 times to Mexico, and once to Honduras). I seriously fell in love the the kids and even the culture of Latin America. I've also always wanted brothers (big or little) so this was like a dream come true! Not that I think the whole process and having brothers is gonna be a dream. I'm prepared for the night mares I know having two little brothers will bring! Right now I just can't leave for Colombia soon enough! I hope I can show them how much I love them, how much God loves them, and how special they are! I hope I can be a good example for them of someone who is in love with God and I hope they will want that kind of relationship with Him also!

--Miranda

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie, I'm sure Mauricio and Miguel will know how much you love them. And I can't think of a better family to show them the love of our Father than yours. You are a beautiful example of God's love and I'm VERY proud to be your Nana! I love you soooo much!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete