Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Boys, boys, boys!

The past couple of days have been fairly uneventful. Just spending time together and continuing to discover their personalities as they come out of their shells more and more each day. They have made us laugh so much! The younger one is quite the clown and, as I suspected from the impish little grin on his face in the one picture we had of them this past year, he's a bit of a stinker! His older brother beats on him and beats on him and he just laughs harder and harder. I don't stop it right away because they both seem to be having so much fun and I couldn't understand what got it going in the first place. I've never heard so much "smack talk" over a simple game of Uno or Battleship. Sometimes I really wish I could understand what they're saying to one another and other times I'm really glad I can't:) And oh the victory dances! Boys are so much different than girls. I've heard it many times over the past 18 years, but now I'm experiencing it first hand...and loving it!

We went shopping yesterday and got a soccer ball, Pirate Battleship game, and a new puzzle. They've put together and taken apart and put together everything we brought with us so many times, we thought a few new things would be good. I can't get used to these Colombian pesos. We paid something over 25,000 pesos for a soccer ball. I don't think I've paid 25,000 for a vehicle. Of course $1=2200 pesos so it wasn't that bad, but I have constant sticker shock. Unlike some Latin American countries we are finding that our dollar doesn't go as far as we had hoped it would.

Today the older brother figured out how Miranda's camera works. So she has tons of little brother in very silly poses (i.e. jumping off the sofa, making faces, posing with his soccer ball, etc.) But when younger brother asks to use it, he gets told no because I said so. I think he's used to being a father figure. He was really testing Darin's authority a bit today, but they seem to have gotten the "pecking order" worked out...for now anyway.

We are hoping to go to the zoo tomorrow. Stay tuned for the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment