Sunday, May 24, 2009

Celebrities

We sure do turn heads around here!! All of the staff at the hotel and restaurant were very excited to meet the boys and whatever we are doing we catch them watching and smiling. It seems that so many people think that we are doing such a "good deed", but I think we are the ones that have been abundantly blessed. These two boys are such a joy. Yes, this is only day 2 and I know there will be some testing, but watching them and getting to know their personalities is bringing us all great joy. My cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing and I feel my heart will burst with pride. They are both quite the "thinkers". They study even the simplest of things for long periods of time trying to figure out the "how to". They seem to feel very safe, secure, and loved. Although we tell them daily that we love them, neither has said it back to us yet. I know whenever the day comes, I will cry yet again:) We are looking forward to a trip to the zoo and to the market (and sometime soon to the laundromat:). The walls of the hotel are closing in at times. Tomorrow I think we will walk to the park. Just a change of scenery will be good.

1 comment:

  1. isn't sort of funny (for lack of a better word) when people metion that adoption is such a good thing to do as though the kids are the fortunate ones. but i always feel like jon and i the blessed ones.

    ReplyDelete