Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Boys are Different Creatures

Nothing exciting happened today and there's nothing to update on our paperwork status. But I do have a few questions that some of you may be able to help me with since I only have eleven days of experience as a mother of boys...

*Do little boys always miss when they get up to potty in the middle of the night?

*Does everything make noise and cause some kind of destruction?

*Is every moment in life a competition with your brother?

*Does every competition end in wrestling, punching, and possibly name-calling(I'm not positive on this one 'cuz it's all in Spanish, but the body language and tone of voice are a clue)?

My daughters did none of these things. Sure Sydney had a brief time of biting, but that was when she was really young and it didn't last long:) These other things are foreign to me. Why does it matter who drinks the most water the fastest or first to push the elevator button? Are these really important things in life?

I'm sure this is just the beginning...


5 comments:

  1. Quick! Teach them to sit down - boys grow into men!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what i was going to say... mid-night pees (even early morning ones) require sitting on the pot.
    and you should talk to your borthers about all that other jazz... it seems right. i was even like that with one of my brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sandy's right, that's why I taught your brothers to sit to pee - they always miss no matter what time of day it is!!
    *You'll get used to the noise and destruction, then you'll just cringe and stop looking.
    *EVERY MOMENT IS A COMPETITION between brothers. Your brothers couldn't even play Frogger without competing. And now, you should see them play Wii - it never changes.
    *I think you can eventually stop the fighting, and DEFINITELY ask someone to make a list of Spanish bad words for you so you can put an end to those too.

    Good luck, my darling, you don't have the advantage of easing into motherhood of boys gradually. You'll do great! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me smile :) Thinking of you and praying continuously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The answer to your questions are Yes! But it's all worth it in the end. They do love each other and always will and probably pick on each other forever. in nice ways. My sons still do, Jaime can attest to that. Dan still gets under Jaime's skin.
    But the love is so worth every moment of difference. Boys and girls are diffenitly different. I'm sure you will all do great and I'll keep you all in my prayers.
    Love, Jaime's mom, Audrey

    ReplyDelete