Wednesday, June 17, 2009

CHARITY!!

That is what they say here in Cali when things are going great. Well today I got a call at 7:30am to say I will pick you up at 9am to sign the papers! I was so relieved. The boys are usually difficult to get out of bed in the morning (especially since they were up late waiting to talk to Papa), but when I said that we were going to sign papers to make them officially Jones boys they hopped out of bed and were dressed and ready to go in no time:) It was very anticlimactic. We stood in this stuffy small office and looked over the papers to make sure that everything was spelled correctly and passport #'s were correct, I signed one paper, and we left. That's it? Really? We didn't see the judge or the secretary that has been holding up the process...lucky for her, huh?:) Anyway that was all that was needed to make it official. We now are the proud parents of Mauricio Nathanael Jones and Miguel Angel Gabriel Jones! Since we didn't get the privilege of giving them their names at birth we chose to give them middle names. Nathanael means "a gift from God" and Gabriel means "devoted to God". They really like both their names and what they mean. They practiced their signatures today because tomorrow they will have to sign their passports.

One slight frustration is that I cannot get in touch with our lawyer to ask her what time we will be finished with the passports and final notarization tomorrow so that I can purchase tickets and know when to pack and check out and arrange airport transportation.

This may be my last post until we get home on the 24th because we are not staying in a nice hotel in Bogota. We are staying at an adoption house with other adopting families. It's cheaper, a change of pace, and hopefully there will be other children for the boys to play with. There's still a lot to do in Bogota before we can come home and the timing will be tight, so please keep praying. If I can keep you updated, I will.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support during these last few days especially! I know they helped me make it through with my sanity still intact:)

P.S. Since I'm technically challenged the picture of our first meeting at the orphanage is at the bottom of the blog:) Miranda, HELP!

P.P.S. Just got tickets to Bogota. We fly tomorrow afternoon at 1:30pm. We have an appointment with the doctor at 4:30pm and an appointment at the U.S. Embassy on Friday. It sounds like everything is put into place. We will be home in one week!!!

2 comments:

  1. praise HIM!!!! yeah! i am so glad that part is finally over!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is beautiful. Will keep praying everyday for you safe return. Congratulations.
    Jaimes Mom

    ReplyDelete