Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The past few days have been very emotional and draining, hence the lack of blog entries. I'm still not sure I can get my thoughts out so that you can understand. Where do I start...? I'm not sure. To make a REALLY long story short...apparently the secretary of the court where our paperwork is sitting is too busy to get it all together and take it to the judge for him to sign them. Our lawyer and agency representative have begged, pleaded, and pulled every string possible and still no signature and no promise of when that may be. We've been told "maybe tomorrow" for the past three days now.

As you may have read in an earlier blog we had to purchase return tickets before we could get our VISAS to travel here, so we chose today thinking we would certainly be done by now (31 days). Because we still don't know when we'll be able to come home, and since there weren't any reasonably priced tickets available at all next week, and since we thought the papers would be signed today, and several other reasons, Darin and all three girls flew to Bogota yesterday and on to Chicago today. Actually they should be arriving at the house in about 30 mins. Meanwhile the boys and I still wait. We celebrated Miguel's 7th birthday (which is actually today) on Sunday so we could all be together. And today I took the boys to the movies to see "UP". It looked pretty cute even though I couldn't understand what they were saying. When Darin and the girls left yesterday the boys cried and cried (actually we all did...except Darin, but I think he wanted to:) Then after we talked to then last night the boys cried and cried again. I ended up putting them both in bed with me and they cried themselves to sleep. It broke my heart. Today Mauricio sent Darin an email in Spanish that said, "I love you very much. I am waiting to be with you again soon." So sweet, again I cried.

I'm so tired of waiting. I've been clicking my ruby red slippers and saying, "There's no place like home" for about a week now and nothing's happening. It's very lonely being in a place where no one speaks your language, even your two sons. We do pretty well with the basics, but I'm not able to explain the details of why we're still here and why they can't go home with everyone else. I think they understand, but it's still difficult for two little boys that have only had a family for 3 1/2 weeks to say good-bye to them and still be stuck in the same hotel room. They are good boys and really they are being troopers. I'm proud of them. I hope to send some great news tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. UGH!!! I am so mad at that secretary!!!!! Soon this will all be over and you will have two little boys running around your house. I am sorry that we keep missing a tim to chat, I can not wait for you to get home. My prayer tonight will be that God moves this mountain and tomorrow will be a day of GREAT news! Love you all~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be brave, Sweetheart. Be safe. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're home but it doesn't seem right not having you here with us. Be safe. Take care and God Bless. I love you!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh beth. i am sure it's such a struggle. and this is probably one of the most difficult adn trying times of your life. it's frustrating adn unnerving... waiting on someone else who's agenda isn't the same as yours (and God's). i know you are a super strong Christian, but just give it to God and find comfort in His word. it's all in God's time and there is a reason for this. (i imagine that a while from now... amybe years... you'll be thanksful for this time and the lessons you've learned adn the special bond you were able to forge with your sons.)

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Beth, you are such a strong woman, and it will all be worth it in the end. Just keep talking and communicating on your blog.I think of you often and pray for you daily. Remember your never alone, as the Barlow Girls would say. Love you bunches-big hugs to you and the boys.

    ReplyDelete