Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I HATE Rollercoasters!!

We got some more info on our time line this afternoon. Our lawyer said that the judge made an appointment for TUESDAY, June 16th (Monday is ANOTHER holiday) to sign the papers to finalize our adoption. As you may remember the 16th is the day we were ALL hoping to fly HOME together. I have to admit that I am 100% BUMMED!! I don't understand God's purpose in this, but after a good cry, I can honestly say that I believe He is in control and His ways are higher than my ways and He knows more than me and He wants the best for all of us. So this is what it is...Darin and 2 girls will have to fly to Bogota on Monday so that they can fly out on Tuesday to come home. Miranda, the two boys, and I will stay here in Cali. Tuesday our attorney will go to court and get the papers and get the birth certificate for the younger boy who was born here in Cali, Wednesday she will drive to Buga to get the other boy's birth certificate, and we will get their passports Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. We will then fly to Bogota Thursday. While there we have to go to ICBF, the doctor, and the US Embassy. That Monday is ANOTHER holiday, so we will probably wrap things up there on Tuesday and fly home Tuesday afternoon (23rd) or Wednesday morning (24th). So that's that.

2 comments:

  1. Wish WE had all their holidays! Well, at least there is an end in sight. Can't wait to see you ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there guys! Beth- Seems like only yesterday when Darin and Eric were leaving us to go fight a war and leaving us behind in Germany- you had a newborn and a cat, and I just had a cat. I know the situation is a little different, but if you can do that- I KNOW you can do this. Will be praying for you. Remember, GOD will not give you more than you can handle. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete